[Scribus] Slackware 9.0 + Scribus (1.0RC1)

Alastair Robinson blackfive
Fri Jul 4 19:51:26 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Friday 04 July 2003 3:49 am, scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de wrote:

> > Does ANYONE have Scribus working on SLACKWARE 9.0
> >
> > Still NO LUCK on Text Editing.

I've just compiled Scribus 0.9.10 on an old bastardized SuSE 7.0 installation,
and come up against the same problem, namely that I can't type text into a
text box - the keystrokes just appear to be ignored.

I can import text from a file, but it doesn't display correctly on this
machine - there are large spaces between the characters at 100%, and at 200%
it just displays boxes!

machine are a bit screwed up - ever since I upgraded glibc so I could use
WINE and nVidia GL properly - but because it hasn't yet impacted my
day-to-day work it's never been fixed.

The other thing that might be significant is that I'm using Type1 fonts
exclusively, no TrueType fonts yet...

I have a newer SuSE 8.0-based machine here, but I think I need to upgrade
FreeType before I can compile Scribus on this machine - the compilation bombs
out with:
charselect.cpp: In method `ZAuswahl::ZAuswahl(QWidget *, preV *, PageItem *,
ScribusApp *)':
charselect.cpp:71: implicit declaration of function `int
FT_Get_First_Char(...)'
charselect.cpp:76: implicit declaration of function `int
FT_Get_Next_Char(...)'

Unfortunately, I currently have very little time to investigate this further.

Anyway, it's great to see Scribus progressing so quickly :)

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson
Email: blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk

When starting to calculate why your children went wrong, one of the things
that always seems to be neglected in such a listing is the important factor
called heredity.