[Scribus] Slackware 9.0 + Scribus (1.0RC1)

John Culleton john
Fri Jul 4 01:44:10 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 08:54 pm, tom jakabfy wrote:
> Does ANYONE have Scribus working on SLACKWARE 9.0
>
> Still NO LUCK on Text Editing.
>
> Tom
I cannot answer you fully because I am waiting (pehaps forever) for
some sort of tutorial that leads me through the basic steps. The
documentation that does exist is more oriented toward explaining the menus and
what they do item by item.  And they are in html, which makes them clumsy
to print out.  I am not complaining, just waiting.

I will say that because of your message I fired up Scribus, created a text
block, imported some text, and then tried to apply hyphenation. Scribus
crashed.  So I will wait till the dust settles a bit and some guru takes
pity on those who are not already Scribus cognoscienti. It would be
tedious for all concerned for me to ask how to use it one step at a time on
the mailing list.
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters & Indexers