[Scribus] qt problem - work-around found

Patrick magicpage91
Tue Jul 1 03:20:50 CEST 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:13:19 -0600
Steve Herrick <steveh at greens.org> wrote:

> Okay, I resolved the problem using ./configure -with-qt-dir=DIR, which
> I only found by reading configure itself.
>
> This is not an emergency for me any more, but it remains an issue that
>
> probably should be looked at before 1.0 is released. I followed the Qt
>
> 3.2b2 instructions to the letter, so it's reasonable to expect that
> others will have the same trouble I did. It looks like all it would
> take is adding a line in configure to give it one more place to look
> for Qt (that being /usr/local/qt).
>
> --
> Steve
> ==
------------------------

You can also specify your directories in that shell, but this only works
in the shell you issue the commands in and only while that shell is
open.

I do this as a normal part of compiling anymore;
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3 (or wherever yours resides)
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3

These tell the configure and make where to look for these things.

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---
        Registered Linux User #225206