[Scribus] drop shadows

Gerhard Gaussling ggnewsletter
Wed Dec 31 14:23:30 CET 2003

Am Mittwoch, 31. Dezember 2003 12:08 schrieb Riku Leino (Tsoots):
> > I'm new to Scribus but am used to Adobe products. Is it possible to
> > have drop shadows in Scribus? I've yet to work out how.
>
> With text frame you could choose from item menu "Multiple Duplicate"
> and place that duplicate where you want your shadow to be with
> horizontal/vertical shift. Then select the color for your shadow.

What about filter effects like gaussian blur? Is there any possibility
to use sth. similar to the gimp effects? Would it be possible to do sth
else with the python scripting e.g. by using the imagemagick python
interface, or selfmade svg-filters-effects?

Is there a future plan in programming such a filter plugin interface?

Kind regards

Gerhard