[Scribus] Crash when resizing picture-frame

Bob White bob
Tue Dec 30 23:37:12 CET 2003

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:24:41 +0100
Morten Langlo <mlanglo at post6.tele.dk> wrote:

> tor, 25 dec, 2003, 22:27:05 +0100, skrev Craig Bradney:

> > Thanks Morten. No matter how many times I resize, move, shrink,
> > import, resize, change.. etc.. I cannot get Scribus to crash with
> > this document and picture. I'll give it to the others and see if
> > they can crash using it.
> >
> > Craig
>
> Hello Craig and Everyone,
>
> I did try again and found that my scribus.rc may have something to do
> with the crash. I moved the rc-file out of the way, and then I could
> not crash Scribus - even with really many resizing and moving around
> with the picture.
>
> I have now tried quite a few times with and without the offending
> scribus.rc (I think it is from 1.1.3 or 1.1.4), and with this old one
> It is easy to crash scribus and with a new rc-file I have not been
> able to crash it.
>
> Happy New Year
>
> Morten

Hi Morten,

That was a good tip.  I have a file I started with 1.0.1, moved to
1.1.3, then 1.1.4 that crashed when I resized some picutres, but not
others.  I thought there might be something wrong with the pictures. I
let Scribus create a new .rc file and it's much more stable.  I haven't
done much with the file yet, but re-sized many of the pictures without
any crashes.  I'm using Mandrake 9.2.

Thanks,
Bob White

http://www.bob-white.com