[Scribus] Bookmarking and linespacing issues

Tom Jakabfy tjakabfy
Wed Dec 24 04:00:05 CET 2003

Hey There:
Thanks again for the latest version 1.1.4
Using vsn 1.1.4 and Mandrake 9.2
I have used Scribus since version 0.97 on a regular basis to do a 12 page
newsletter.

Here are some issues needing addressing with Vsn 1.1.4

1. If you put a text file in a box and want to change the Size of the first
line for a topic NO PROBLEM, however, when you change the LINE SPACING
(increase it for example) then the line spacing for the rest of that text box
is changed also. I don't recall this issue in 1.1.3.

2. Since I do rather extensive BookMarking for my newsletter of 12 pages
(about 15 separate bookmarks), I still have problems getting the Bookmarks to
read on Acrobat (Linux vsn 5.07) and (Win98 Vsn 4).
I have trouble near the end of the file. The last 2 bookmarks disappear. I
have also had some bookmarks (mainly the first one) dissapear for no reason.
Deleting a bookmark and re-adding it usually puts it at the end of the list,
even if it was a page 1 bookmark.

I looked at the SLA file and saw that there were pointer problems. However,
after 'correcting' (maybe I didn't do it right) them with a text editor, the
problems were no better, sometimes worse.

All of this is when I save with Acrobat 4.0 as a choice.

and lastly;

3. How do I get rid of Fonts that don't seem to work, like Beast Wars Regular?

PS. there is another annoying problem with shape boxes (but this can be
corrected from the Properties Tool.