[Scribus] Windows is evil

Keith Lancaster klancast
Mon Dec 22 04:20:01 CET 2003

I have to disagree completely. While I am now doing mostly Java
development and some C/C++ in the Linux environment, I worked as a
commercial C/C++ software developer / architect using MSVC for many
years. They may have been late to the table in getting templates in
place, but the development environment is light-years ahead of what is
available in the unix / Linux / Java world. I am no fan of MS, but they
put substantial work into their dev tools and it shows. I know I am
probably not making friends here, but I've not seen ANY tool, open
source or not, that comes close to the MSVC dev environment for rapid
development and debugging.

That said, are you porting it using QT, writing it using Win32, or
making the shift to .NET? I've talked to a number of developers that had
trouble with the QT libs on Windows.

Keith