[Scribus] checkinstall

Owen rcook
Thu Dec 18 21:29:36 CET 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 04:22:56 +0000
Wayne Maeda <iw at ukulele.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 18 December 2003 09:00 am, Owen wrote:

> > Just wondering why you would want to. If you use the default configuraton,
> > the binary is placed in /usr/local/bin and the libraries in
> > /usr/local/lib/scribus/
> >
> > When you do a new install, it just overwrites the "old files"
>
> Thanks for the tip. Does the same thing happen if you install an rpm version
> of Scribus after having compiled a previous version?

Distributions do their own thing, for example where Red Hat installs may not be the same place as where SUSE installs.

I am using mandrake, the Gimp is installed in /usr so if I rebuild Gimp, I have to set --prefix=/usr otherwise it will go into /usr/local (and I would have two of them... which is ok if comparing the two)

So just search around and see where things are installed.

As a general rule if you are into rpms, use the rpms from the same source and they will be built in the same way(in theory)

--
Owen