[Scribus] Font problems under Mac OSX solved

Martin Costabel costabel
Sun Dec 14 12:25:43 CET 2003

Craig Bradney wrote:

> The recommended minimum is freetype 2.1.3, with a suggestion of 2.1.4 if
> possible.
>
> Is there no way to upgrade the X11's freetype?

Yes, by installing an extra freetype2-2.1.3 package ;-) I was hoping for
something a little smaller, like one or two *.c files from freetype that
one could compile together with scribus.

What I am actually doing in Fink now is to compile scribus with the
freetype from X11 up to the end, and only in the final linking command
where the scribus executable is created, I link to the libfreetype from
  freetype2-2.1.3.

The fact that this is working at all proves that there are no big
incompatibilities between the two freetype versions, no API changes,
just some function implementations that are fixed.

--
Martin