[Scribus] Some things I would like to see

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Dec 13 16:45:23 CET 2003

1. Some additional properties for text/graphics boxes should include an
ability to specify a spacing (actually, individual spacing for top,
bottom, left and right) between the boundary of the text/image and the
border of the frame -- this is especially necessary/desirable when you
actually print the border as a line on the page. It might help out Malte
Cornils with his graphics/text spacing as well. (I'm using v.1.1.3 --
don't quite get the gestalt of using cvs yet)

2. Selecting of text in boxes needs some tweaks. It would be nice to
double-click on a word and select the word, triple-click and select the
sentence, quadruple-click and select the paragraph (These are things you
could do with Professional Page for the Amiga) Alternatives could be
things like Ctrl-click or Alt-click, of course.
Also, after you rotate a text-box 90 or 270 degrees, selecting text is
*really* difficult -- not sure what Scribus uses as the hot-spot of the
cursor.

Greg Pittman