[Scribus] scaling an image with its frame

Lee Harr missive
Sun Dec 7 19:38:50 CET 2003

> > I just built 1.1.3 and now I do not see how to do something
> > that I did in 1.0:
> >
> > How do I make an image scale to fit inside of its frame?
> >
> > It seems to me there used to be a "Modify" context menu
> > when right-clicking on an image frame which is no longer
> > there...
> >

>Extras->Show Properties. Then in the Image tab, set to scale to frame.

The "Extras" menu has choices:
Manage Pictures
Hyphenate Text
Insert Special
Print Preview

but no choice "Show Properties"

>Look at Images tab of Settings

There is no menu "Images" or "Settings"

But, I believe I have found something....

In "Edit->Preferences->General"
I can select "Tools" then click on the Image icon
and select "Scale Picture to Frame Size" and that
affects any subsequently created image frames,
but I still don't see any way to change an image
that has already been added.