[Scribus] Editing & re-editing

Magic Page magicpage91
Sun Dec 7 14:17:55 CET 2003

Magic Page wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Noticed an oddity last evening while doing some mail labels.  As each
> lablel is a separate text box on the page, it is necessary to edit each
> separately.  In doing so, I found that Scribus would not let you go back
> and make changes.  I could not delete, cut or in any form remove what
> was typed on the label.  It did this once and I did something, don't
> know what, clicked off page, clicked in another box, but I was able to
> locked me out and deleting or changing was a thing of the past!
>
> Using 1 Dec 2003, 1.1.4cvs
>
> Patrick

Sorry, replying to my own mail, but thought I would add to it to clarify
some things.  Just tried the label page again and can reproduce the bug.
  Using the delete key, backspace key just doesn't work, if trying to
remove already placed text.  It's as if those keys have been removed
from the recognized list.

Was able to select "cut" from the menu though and remove all text and of
course, the paste from the menu also worked.  Using the normal Linux KDE
method of pasting with the middle mouse button still does not work, nor
does working with the clipboard.  I don't think I have ever seen any
highlighted text appear in the clipboard or maybe I did once.  ;o)

Me again

--
           ---SuSE Linux v9.0 Pro---
         Registered Linux User #225206