[Scribus] was color management, now optimized pdf

James Bowes jbowes
Tue Dec 2 18:29:08 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 08:00, P Linnell wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Define "Optimized" in the sense of which destination and what are you
> trying to produce.

Hi.

Well, I am writing simple documents with a text frame on the left - it
has a horizontal gradient. The text on the right won't involve any fancy
graphics though it will have a simple border. I have selected to embed
the fonts and use the v5 pdf compatibility when exporting the file. When
I view the pdf properties through acroread, it shows it as not being
optimized. Does this require some sort of compression or something??

I'm sure you can tell this is somewhat new to me though I am fairly
comfortable with scribus so far...

Thanks for any and all answers everyone.

-james