[Scribus] 1.1.3 bug

Wayne Maeda iw
Tue Dec 2 03:31:00 CET 2003

Just installed 1.1.3 and the same bug that was in previous versions is still
in 1.1.3. I refer to the "Snap to Grid/Guidelines" bug that interferes with
the alignment of objects within groups and selected objects. As it is right
now, moving multiple objects with the "Snap to Grid" or "Snap to Guidelines"
commands turned on is a crapshoot. Can someone please verify that this bug
exists?

Here's how to test it.

1. Turn on either "Snap to Grid" and/or "Snap to Guidelines." If using the
guidelines, make sure to place a few guidelines on your page.
2. Create a group of objects (squares, ovals, etc.) by either grouping these
objects or selecting them.
3. Note the alignment between objects in the group.
4. Move this group around, crossing over the guidelines if you have any.

The alignment between objects in the group will change, sometimes only
slightly, but enough to affect your design.

Thanks,
Wayne

This bug also affected imported SVG images in the past but so far, I haven't
been able to successfully use my import filter in this version.