[Scribus] For non-x86 based Linux users

Robert Kaiser KaiRo
Wed Aug 27 01:24:20 CEST 2003

Hi,

>>I checked yesterday and the the xset code will work - I think -  as well
>>with KDE-Cygwin, which uses the usual Xfree86 font services. freetypes
>>and Xft have been ported as well to cygwin.
>
> The only problem comes if the words "Font Path:" are not outputted by
> xset in English.
>
> Can anyone not in an English speaking area or with a machine set to a
> english locale setting, run xset q and tell me what it says for Font
> just need to parse it though the Qt translator...

it's still english for me, though I've set everything to German here. It
seems that xset doesn't display localized output.
If it did, though, you could call
LANG=C LC_ALL=C xset -q
though, that should always give you the same output for all langauge
environment settings. I'm doing that for a script that parses some
output of rpm and does does work quite nice...

Greetings,

Robert Kaiser