[Scribus] Plug in problem

Paul paulf.johnson
Wed Aug 27 01:01:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Thanks for the quick response.

No probs - this list is know for it ;-)

> Yes, 1.0.1 and .5 of the lib from the tar file. I'll follow your advice
> below and see what I get. BTW, is there any documentation on the
> architecture / structure of Scribus that I could use as a starting point for
> digging into the code?

As such, the only real documentation is the API docs inside of the main
Scribus tarball (or from CVS). As for digging into the code, dive in
somewhere - unfortunately it's about the only way to do it (though we
really could do with someone to document the code so Franz, Peter and
myself can get on with adding more features).

As to the architecture...

It's a Qt based application for use on any machine which has an X server
and Qt on. That means it will work (and does) under BSD, OSX, Linux and
Win2K (though by all accounts, it's quite unstable on Win2K). Folks on
this list use a variety of versions of Linux (including Yellowdog).
Interestingly, we've found some distros easier to work with than others!

Franz and I both develop the code under Linux. I'm using RedHat 9
(standard kernel) with Qt 3.2 (self compiled) and gcc 3.3. By choice,
both Franz and I use KDevelop. My laptop is similar, except it uses
kernel 2.6.0-test4-bk2 (currently) under RH9. Everything else though is
the same.

Should you want to dive in and help out, feel free to mail on or off the
list :-)

TTFN

Paul

P.S. Please don't top post - it really does screw up any logic in an
email thread.
--
One OS to fool them all
One browser to find them