[Scribus] can't print graphics

Alastair Robinson blackfive
Mon Aug 25 00:46:36 CEST 2003

Hi Craig,

On Sunday 24 August 2003 11:00 am, scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de wrote:

> > Strange problem. My printer works with all my programs except scribus. I
> > can print text, but not if the file has a picture in it, or just a
> > picture file. The printer, Laserjet HP4m, is busy for about 5 blinks &
> > then just stops.
> >
> > I have checked the printer's CUPS configuration...it even prints in
> > gimp! Tried all the tricks we could think of...nothing.

Is the printer a native PostScript printer, or are you printing in PCL mode?

It sounds to me as though Scribus is using LanguageLevel 2 or 3 features for
images, and your printer is choking on them...

Try generating the document as PDF, and printing that.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson
Email: blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk

You can tell a real programmer by the keyboard dents in his forehead