[Scribus] Annotating PDFs?

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sat Aug 23 05:21:00 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 21:43, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> I'm curious as to whether or not Scribus has, or is planned to have, the
> ability to annotate PDF files a'la Adobe Acrobat.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peace.

When creating Scribus native docs has the ability to not only add
annotations, but bookmarks, articles, form fields and use almost every
bit of the javascript capability and or interactive feature in PDF.

Next to Acrobat itself, I know of no other application which has these
capabilties on any platform. This is one of the most powerful and best
kept secrets in Scribus.

Now, if your question, can Scribus annotate PDF generated from other
sources. No. It is not a PDF "editor" in that sense. Only Acrobat can
open and edit PDF features like these. Illustrator can open and edit
content within a PDF like lines, text etc, but not the interactive
features.

In depth details: http://home.comcast.net/~scribusdocs/pdfexport.html

and: http://home.comcast.net/~scribusdocs/javascriptpdf.html