[Fwd: Re: [Scribus] Newbie font-question]

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Aug 21 07:29:14 CEST 2003

Hi there,

First posting to the group, so firstly I have to say what a welcome
surprise it was when I found Scribus. I'm left with Adobe Indesign 2.02
from a move to Linux. Indesign does the job I want pretty damn well but
as its the last Windows-based package I need, hopefully I can replace it
with Scribus soon if Scribus fits the bill.

First question for now though, is also about fonts. I have many truetype
fonts that KDE picks up fine but Scribus does not, all are within the
same truetype directory of my Gentoo installation. Some missing ones
have spaces in the file names, some do not.

Any suggestions?

thanks
Craig