[Scribus] Re: Style menu disappeared

Steve Herrick steveh
Thu Aug 21 00:57:29 CEST 2003

Peter Linnell wrote:

>>Usually, Ossi, if you don't have any text on the page or text selected,
>>then the Style menu will not be available to you.  Makes sense really,
>>since why would you need to apply styles to a blank page?
>>
>>It is not part of your settings files, it is just the way the program is
>>designed to be.  The developers can correct me if I am mistaken about
>>this.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Patrick
>

> Patrick is correct and sorry for not pointing this out earlier..
>
> Regards,
> Peter

While Patrick is right to point out that the app is working as designed
(which I also noted), Ossi's confusion is natural. I was confused by
this for a while, too. The menu options should be grayed-out, or at
least there should be an indicator in the menu, like "(Not applicable)"
or something.

--
Steve
==