[Scribus] Newbie font-question

Ralf Höling r.hoeling
Fri Aug 15 18:35:27 CEST 2003

Hi!
Am Mittwoch, 30.07.03, um 16:58 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Magnus
Larsson:

> Just installed scribus 1.0 on my debian 3.0 (unstable) system. The
> program shows some of my fonts, but not all. I have MS free fonts
> installed in /usr/share/fonts/truetype but these are not available in
> Scribus, but in all my GTK2 applications. And when I try to add this
> direcoty in the font preferences dialog, it does not show up. Any
> advice
> on what to do?

Sorry, no.
For me it's similar. Some truetype fonts work, some don't.
I use a Powerbook 800 with MacOS 10.2.6, X11 from apple and scribus
1.0.1 installed via fink. I installed many fonts with spadmin so that
openoffice finds it and displays it right. Then I added the path to the
OO-font-directory to scribus. Now scribus finds some of the fonts, but
not all :-(

Ralf