[Scribus] Long documents

Steve Herrick steveh
Fri Aug 15 17:26:27 CEST 2003

Thomas Ahlstrom wrote:

> It is a Pentium 4 -- 2 GHz with 256 mb. This would promote a fast
> textflow -- like Ventura or InDesign. It would be very interesting to
> hear some comments on this from Franz or some of the other
> Scribus-gurus. Maybe the focus on Scribus is not at all long documents?

I've had the same problem. My longest single piece of linked text is 4
pages (2 columns per page). On a 333Mhz machine, this is agony. Each
glyph takes 2-3 seconds to draw, as the text adjusts.

However, if Scribus is to be a serious DTP app (*the* GPL DTP app), it
will have to accomodate long documents. Period.

--
Steve
==