[Scribus] Letters printing wrong

Kobus Wolvaardt kobuswolf
Wed Aug 13 10:27:23 CEST 2003

I have written about it before, but I didn't state the problem
correctly.

Scribus displays ? ? ? and the likes correctly but prints it as \Ae^ or
something. I'm using Scribus 1.0, freshly installed Mandrake 9.1 ,
Littlecms installed, cups installed on an HP1220c A3 printer. What can
cause the problem?

Secondly if I do create a pdf how do I print it on A3 paper. The pdf
displays correctly in Acrobat 4 but print one of the fonts wrong (a
space comes out as a block), Kghostview doesn't open the file and XPF
doens't want to print larger than A4 size.

Kobus

P.S. South Africa has nice weather (it's winter and the day time
temp=17-23C in the nights its 5-10C, Summer never goes above 35C) + (No
floads, no earthquakes, no Tornados, no Cyclones, no sink holes, And if
aliens arrive on earth or nuclear war breaks out, no time will be wasted
on Africa)  :-)