[Scribus] screen font rendering and configure problems

francesco francesco
Mon Aug 11 11:29:54 CEST 2003

I've been using scribus since version 0.97. I really like it, but i still
can't use it in a production environment due to a few problems i haven't been
able to solve:
I use it under Mandrake 9.0, but upgraded qt libs to 3.1.2.
I can properly display on-screen fonts only at 100% magnification, everything
else creates overlapping wrongly-sized fonts, no anti-aliased, and
practically unreadable, and that makes very difficult text-adjustments and
editing. I tried to upgrade to QT 3.2.0, and compiled it myself, but that
didn't change the issue.
Above all, with last scribus 1.0.1 at configure time my LibTiff isn't properly
detected and i end up with:

FreeType2 installed: Yes
CUPS installed: Yes
LittleCMS installed: Yes
TiffLib installed: No

That is always been a issue with my Mandrake, and i used to bypass the problem
with LD_FLAGS="-lm", but now it doesn't work anymore. Tried cvs but got the
same problem. I think i will stick to 1.0.0 version, but would love to fix it
for the future.
Any help (on the font rendering issue above all) will be greatly aprreciated.
best regards and a lot of thaks to the developers for their wonderful work.

architetto Francesco Fantoni, Modena, Italia