[Scribus] More Questions

Magic Page magicpage91
Sun Aug 10 05:22:08 CEST 2003

Patrick Ley wrote:

>Am Samstag, 9. August 2003 07:43 schrieb Craig Ringer:
>CR> Of course, things like a
>CR> version of Photoshop for Linux would really be needed...
>

>concerning this i would like to remember GIMP - which is already a very
>powerful graphic-editing-suite like photoshop. it only lacks a good
>color-management-implementation, as far as i know....

=================

I think Adobe's reluctance to port Photoshop to Linux early on will
be their potential downfall in the Linux world.  Already we have Gimp,
lacking only a very few features photoshop has and if you haven't seen
or used the 1.3.x series, you don't know what I mean.  Also, with Film Gimp
being used by the film makers now, which far exceeds photoshop, those
features will certainly find their way into regular Gimp pretty quickly.

I have also found this (Photogenics) available for Linux.  This was a
program that became
popular on the Amiga computers and has now progressed into other platforms,
like Linux!  I have not taken a look at this and there is a demo at the
site, but
feel it may too, be very stiff competition for Photoshop.  Photoshop is
widely
known, that's true, but just like Scribus is to Quark, better things are
coming
to Linux user's daily!

Here's your site:  http://www.idruna.com/

Patrick