[Scribus] Umlaute

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Fri Aug 8 20:56:02 CEST 2003

Steve Herrick wrote:

> wolfram.wagner at web.de wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am writing in English because I think everyone is using it in this
>> list.
>>
>> I noticed some problems with diplaying german characters ("Umlaute").
>> They are not adapted to the size of the rest of the texts and are so
>> much bigger than the rest of the text.
>>
>> The developers are Germans. So I think this must  be a known issue.
>> Would be nice to get a hint!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Wolfram Wagner
>

> Have you verified that this is still true in the output? I make
> documents in Spanish from time to time, and sometimes the "?" appears
> to be the wrong size in Scribus, but still outputs correctly.
>
> That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see this fixed, but it's not urgent.

This is surely only the display issue due to QT that has been discussed
on the list many times before. I experience the same behaviour with
Polish "ogonki" and German "Umlaute",  but  the  print  output is OK
(see the attached screen shot of Scribus Print Preview). I wouldn't see
it as urgent either.

br
Maciej Hanski