[Scribus] Linux distribution with scribus

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Apr 30 01:18:08 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 17:42, Steve Prud'Homme wrote:
> Can I download a Linux distribution with scribus included...
> Thanks
>
> STEVE B. PRUD'HOMME
> F??e?+??m
> 450-430-8264
> steveprudhomme at sympatico.ca
> http://membres.lycos.fr/steveprudhomme/index.html
> ICQ: 100980857(F??e?+??m)
> MSN: steve_prud_homme at hotmail.com

Bonjour de Nouvelle Angleterre,

Il y a les menus et quelques docs en Francais aussi.

You can consult:
http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/index-2.html#ss2.4
for distributions, which include or have packages available for Scribus.
However, you might find it better to make the choice of your distro and
then find packages - or compile from source, as Scribus is frequently
updated - typically every two to four weeks.

If you are new to Linux, I can personally recommend Red Hat 8.0 or 9,
Scribus is developed on Suse, while I and one of the other developers
run Red Hat. We also have a number of Mandrake users here on the list.

Although, Red Hat does not include Scribus, there are good third party
packages available, which will be posted in the docs during the next
update.

Hope that helps,

Peter