[Scribus] small bug in 0.9.9

Magic Page magicpage91
Sun Apr 27 05:10:27 CEST 2003

Subash Jeyan wrote:

>hi,
>
>On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 00:52:32 +0200
>Franky Van Liedekerke <liedekef at pandora.be> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I just found a small bug in 0.9.9:
>>
>>create 2 textboxes and insert text from a file in one of them. Then
>>select a small part of that text, "cut" it it out and paste it in the
>>empty textbox. Result: scribus xml code is put in the new textbox,
>>instead of the text itself.
>>
>>Friendly regards,
>>
>>Franky
>>

>yes, the same behaviour happens here too. also, repeat the cut and paste
>process again, and on the third time or so scribus crashes with a seg
>fault. the exact error message on the console:
>
>QGList::locate: Index 4 out of range
>Segmentation fault
>

>regards, subash.

***************************

I too get this same behavior, except for the crash Subash speaks of on
his machine.  I basically get the font type coding throughout the next
box.  Don't know if that is what you mean by the xml code, but it is
certainly not the text I cut from the previous text box!

Very pleased for the most part with the developer's efforts though and
look forward to seeing continued improvements.  It will be nice to see a
comparable product available to the Linux users.  Don't know if
PageStream is any closer to being useful yet, but we may not need it
with the progress Scribus is making now.

Patrick