[Scribus] Font display problem with redhat 9

George Hail decerebus
Mon Apr 14 01:39:02 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I have installed scribus 0.9.8 on a redhat 8.0 box and everything seems to
work well except for the rendering of fonts on the screen.  When I type text
into a text box it looks all run together, like the kerning is messed up and
parts of the letters are missing.  When I click outside of the text box, the
text redraws and the missing character parts fill in but the letters still
look run together.  Printing works fine and the fonts look great on paper.
I have since upgraded the box to redhat 9 and continue to have the same
problem.  I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this or had any
ideas about how to fix this.

Thank you in advance for any assistance

Scott Phipps