[Scribus] fonts ttf

Bart Alberti bart
Sat Apr 5 16:52:34 CEST 2003

I copied my windows true type fonts and added then to the search path but
first I did
mkfontscale
mkfontsdir
this works but the fonts do not show as true type in scribus; they print
though as correct fonts

It seems that the afm u2g and/or t42 extensions are missing; they all show
as Avant garde, my first example

These can be got by
cd /usr/X11R6/AbiSuite/bin && ./ttfadmin /home/somebody/fonts ISO-8859-1

Question: the above depends on having AbiWord and following their nutty font
instal routine (which works for scribus too if you just set the include
path)
BUT if you add too many fonts the font dialog looks like QUARK but covers
the whole screen which is unmanageable.
Why not use the scroll technique like Abi and Word  Perfect. I do not think
imitating Quark in everything is a good idea.

By the way using the default margin at 36 points the first letter of each
line is CLIPPED.

P.S. I think I sent this to mailman-owner@<etc> by mistake as it did not
show in my inbox these last days.

Bart Alberti