[scribus-dev] QR codes

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Jan 28 00:59:28 UTC 2021

I was just trying to see if I could generate QR codes. More specifically, I wanted to generate a code that would link to a web address.

When I go to Insert > Barcode, I get a dialog that asks me to select a "barcode family". Supply chain seems to have what I want, "GS1 QR Code", with a default entry that contains a lot of jibberish: (01)03453120000011(8200)http://www.abc.net(10)ABCD1234(410)9501101020917

If I try to delete all these numbers, parentheses, and letters before and after the web address, the dialog says that it's incomplete. What are all these other things?