[scribus-dev] more good things

NASA Jeff tallboy258 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 07:19:32 UTC 2020

I'm also planning on doing some work in Inkscape too, so I'll be active in
that codebase a good while after I've finished PDF import
functionality which should mean I notice anything I forgot in the
implementation.

I'm intending to integrate a JavaScript engine into Inkscape initially for
macros but with the foresight of enabling SVG animation. It would have been
nice to do something more clean and simple like SIDL but it's not
supporters by Microsoft and marked for removal as soon as a replacement is
found by google. CSS is the other option but it doesn't really cut it, I
can't be bothered with a half-assed implementation, I may as well put the
effort in.

Inkscape are also keen on porting the CMYK functionality from
Scrfibus's PDF export.