[scribus-dev] Path Clipping Library

Jean Ghali jghali at libertysurf.fr
Wed Apr 1 10:45:45 UTC 2020

Le 31/03/2020 à 22:53, Christoph Bartoschek a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> as you have seen in https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=16073 QPainterPath::intersected()
> is buggy. Does Scribus already have or do you know a library that correctly implements
> clipping?
>
> For PDF import it is necessary that the library can set non-zero winding rule or even-odd
> rule to each path and then compute the correct output.
>
> I tried to look at some candidates:
> Cairo: Not sure but it looks to me as if the fill rule cannot be set independently between
> the current clip path and the new one.
> lib2geom: Cannot find how to set the fill rule for a path.

At the moment we do not have any specific library for computing clipping intersection.
The lib2geom version we ship with our source code is also very old so you should maybe
look at the latest code. Inkscape developers have continued improving lib2geom and this
library has a repository on GitLab:
https://gitlab.com/inkscape/lib2geom

Jean