[scribus-dev] crash of 1.5.6svn

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Aug 9 16:13:39 UTC 2019

On 8/9/19 11:51 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 8/9/19 10:43 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

>>> revision 23105 crashes...
>>>

>> revision 23103 crashes...
>>

> revision 23102 runs Ok
> checked revision 23103 again -- crashes.
>
> Interestingly, 23103 only involved changes in CMakeLists.txt to "Bump the CMake minimum", to 3.12, but my cmake is 3.14, and no errors occurred while running cmake.
>
> Anyway, when I reverted to
>
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.2.0 FATAL_ERROR)
>
> it doesn't crash.

So finally, when I update to revision 23121 and use this reverted CMakeLists.txt, cmake runs Ok, and Scribus doesn't crash.

I notice that in /usr/lib64/cmake, there are a number of other folders:

Breeze              PlasmaPotdProvider  Qt5DBus      Qt5LinguistTools      Qt5OpenGL        Qt5QuickCompiler  Qt5Sql           Qt5UiPlugin       Qt5Xml
harfbuzz            Qt5                 Qt5Designer  Qt5Multimedia         Qt5PrintSupport  Qt5QuickTest      Qt5Svg           Qt5WebKit         uriparser-0.9.3
KF5QQC2DeskopStyle  Qt5Concurrent       Qt5Gui       Qt5MultimediaWidgets  Qt5Qml           Qt5QuickWidgets   Qt5Test          Qt5WebKitWidgets
libxml2             Qt5Core             Qt5Help      Qt5Network            Qt5Quick         Qt5Sensors        Qt5TextToSpeech  Qt5Widgets

so maybe this minimum cmake requirement interacts adversely with one or more of these.