[scribus-dev] crash of 1.5.6svn

Owen owen.cook at gmx.com
Fri Aug 9 06:38:33 UTC 2019

Sent: Friday, August 09, 2019 at 4:17 PM
From: "Craig Bradney" <cbradney at scribus.info>
Subject: Re: [scribus-dev] crash of 1.5.6svn

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=6897 where it says,

it is fixed by ensuring this line in CMakeCache.txt:

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-Wl,-E

The string was empty so I added -Wl,-E and rebuilt

Hey presto, it all works.

However, it seems that CMakeCache.txt is a generated file and whatever generates it needs to be fixed.

Try with r23121.. its the only thing that’s possible but you might need to nuke your build directory and install directory.

As for the linker flags we have them applied with:
if( CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAMESTREQUAL "FreeBSD"OR CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAMESTREQUAL "OpenBSD")
# Use the -E / --export-dynamic flag to ensure that symbols in the Scribus
# binary are in the public symbol table for plugins. The symbols must also
# be set as SCRIBUS_API if we're building with -fvisibility=hidden .
# Should fix bug 6897 .
	set_target_properties(${EXE_NAME}PROPERTIESLINK_FLAGS-Wl,-E)
endif()
if(GCCANDNOT WIN32)
# Use the -E / --export-dynamic flag to ensure that symbols in the Scribus
# binary are in the public symbol table for plugins. The symbols must also
# be set as SCRIBUS_API if we're building with -fvisibility=hidden .
# Should fix bug 6897 .
	set_target_properties(${EXE_NAME}PROPERTIESLINK_FLAGS-Wl,-E)
endif()

but.. GCC might not be true on your system?

Check by changing:

if(GCCANDNOT WIN32)

if(NOT WIN32)

Its fixed it on my Ubuntu machine. I will find a newer way to detect that.
 Craig

Thanks,

Got r23121 and completly rebuilt. The flags were not attached to CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=

Then changed scribus/CMakeLists.txt to read "if(NOT WIN32)" with no success (another mystery)

This is on a recently upgraded LM-19.1->19.2. At the same time there was a new cmake version required. LM/Debian repositories got the required cmake yesterday, so I am now running on the /usr/bin/cmake version.

So I( will go away and see how to set GCC for the environment.

In the meantime, enjoy your weekend from freezing (Australian style) Canberra

Owen