[scribus-dev] crash of 1.5.6svn

William Bader william.bader at newspapersystems.com
Thu Aug 8 21:57:52 UTC 2019

If you haven't done it already, try removing the objects and doing a fresh
build.
If it still crashes, if you have Linux, try running it under gdb.
  gdb /path/to/scribus/executable
gdb might take a while to load everything. When you get a prompt, start
scribus with the "run" command.
If it crashes and takes you back to a gdb prompt, use the "bt" command to
get a stack backtrace.
If the stack trace doesn't show line numbers, do a fresh build
adding -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug to your cmake options.
If it still doesn't show anything useful, try running it under valgrind.
  valgrind -v --tool=memcheck /path/to/scribus/executable
Regards, William