[scribus-dev] New configure error - revision 23102

Owen owen.cook at gmx.com
Mon Aug 5 01:53:40 UTC 2019

This error came when trying to build revision 23099

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:858 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindPython2.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided
by "Python2", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Python2"
  with any of the following names:

    Python2Config.cmake
    python2-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Python2" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Python2_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "Python2" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
  has been installed.

Line 858 of CMakeLists.txt reads;

find_package (Python2 REQUIRED COMPONENTS Interpreter Development)
if (Python2_Development_FOUND)

I have all the development files for python2.7 I think (i for installed)
$ aptitude search python2|grep dev

i  libpython2.7-dev - Header files and a static library for Python
i  libpythonqt-qt5-python2-dev - Dynamic Python binding

i  libpythonqt-qtall-qt5-python2-dev - Dynamic Python binding for the Qt
framework - development

i   python2.7-dev - Header files and a static library for Python (v2.7)

adding -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include/python2.7 to the cmake command
didn't help.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Owen