[scribus-dev] CxF3 Colour Palette Support in Scribus 1.5.4svn

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Mar 28 04:59:02 UTC 2018

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. März 2018 um 16:05 Uhr
> Von: "Gregory Pittman" <gpittman at iglou.com>
> An: scribus-dev at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: Re: [scribus-dev] CxF3 Colour Palette Support in Scribus 1.5.4svn
>
> On 03/25/2018 11:30 PM, "Christoph Schäfer" wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > As of tonight, Scribus 1.5.4svn provides an important new feature, which is another "first" (like PDF/X-3 export or the HLC colour picker), namely support for the open and versatile standard for colour palettes CxF3 (https://www.xrite.com/de/page/cxf-color-exchange-format).
> >

> > CxF not only enables the use of spectral colours in graphics applications, but also allows for the use of different versions of a colour palette within a single file (e.g. sRGB, AdobeRGB, CMYK [FOGRA39], CMYK [FOGRA52] etc.). You can now choose the version required for a particular project upon import.
> >

> It's not clear to me where this comes into play for the user.
>
> Greg

Hi Greg,

It's a forward-looking technology that makes colour exchange a lot easier. You'll find an introduction to CxF3 here: https://www.xrite.com/en/page/cxf-color-exchange-format. I suggest you read at least the White paper.

As was the case with PDF/X-3 and HLC support, Scribus is an early adapter and will serve as a reference implementation for the new DIN SPEC "Open Colour Communication".

Christoph