[scribus-dev] xml dt book import and Epub 3 export

g chomel g.chomel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:00:28 UTC 2018

hello all,

i'm working in the accessibility field for people with low vision.
We try to make ebooks the most accessible possible, but we also produce
large letters prints and conversion to braille for the same books.

We are about 200 persons working in this field only in France, mainly in
non profit organizations. Surely many more over the world.

we use various workflows according to the input and output format. Mainly
we use text editors and some of us use sigil for epub and indesign for epub
and largeprint. We also use xmldtbook and others xml grammars imports in
indesign or via DAISY Pipeline.

Because many reasons, i'm looking way to do the same using scribus. I can't
find the needed options in 1.4.6, nor in 1.5.4.

I'm wondering if there's a chance to get thoses features in a futur Scribus
version :
- importing xml and asigning styles to tags
- assigning html tags to styles (for exemple tag "h1" for style "title")
- export as xml dtbook
- export as reflowable epub3 (with clean code and possibility to import
extern css file).
- more options in styles like pagebreaks, bloc breaks, column
break, highlighting, etc.

I could participate, but got no coding capacities (except for markup
languages).

Thank you for your attention, and for all the good work done.
Gautier.