[scribus-dev] ?==?utf-8?q? Python create{Char|Paragraph}Style

Ralf Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Sun Jul 1 20:13:56 UTC 2018

Am Sonntag, 01. Juli 2018 21:42 CEST, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> schrieb:

> Not that I know of.

Too bad.

> You can certainly create a Character Style and then a number of
> Paragraph Styles using that same Character Style.

Well, in the style gui dialog you can specifiy 'based on' for both character and paragraph styles.

> There is a feature for
> Character Styles, 'inherit', but I don't know what that means.

Well, you can create hierarchies of styles. For example, you can create a "base" heading style specifying
'right aligned', 'Open Sans', 'underlined' and then sub- and subheadings with different font sizes, boldness
etc. That comes really handy if you need to change some aspect of the style (i.e. font family).
I think 'I really need to dig into the code and try to understand scribus' style handling. I fear my expectations
(shaped by FrameMaker, DSSL etc.) does not match scribus' style model at all.

Thanks, RalfD