[scribus-dev] script export to PDF with outlined fonts

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Oct 10 21:34:45 UTC 2017

Le 05/10/2017 à 19:29, William Bader a écrit :
> <mailto:jluc at no-log.org>> wrote:
>     then the created PDF has all fonts embeded or subset,
>     when it should have none, but vectors instead.
>     Is there some special argument i have to pass to these python commands ?

> To see the list of options, on the Scribus menu bar, use Help -> Scribus Manual, and then in the manual, open the
> Contents tab and navigate to For Developers -> Scripter API -> PDF Export.
> PDFFile has a fontEmbedding property that you can set to 1 to request conversion to vectors.
> Can you try adding a line pdf.fontEmbedding = 1
> Regards, William Bader, Director of Research and Development at SCS, http://www.newspapersystems.com

Thanks for your answer.
I was in the last days of finishings that new issue of our magazine,
and could not find the time to try your hint,
but it reads nice.

It's nice but strange that python doesnt use the fontembeding value of the SLA
but uses that same property when set in python.

It would be great because all fonts cannot be subset,
and embeded fonts that have missing glyphs
force the big printers to import the PDF in Adobe In Design before priting
which, i discovered, is not 100% secure.
So i wish to vectorize now.

JL