[scribus-dev] Extended Page Attributes

John L. Poole jlpoole56 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:18:51 UTC 2016

On 10/3/2016 12:48 PM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 03/10/2016 à 16:34, John L. Poole a écrit :
>> Is there a way for a user to add attributes to a PAGE object?
>
> Have you had a look at the document's user defined properties
> in Files > Document's settings ?
> Depending on your workflow, it might enable to achieve what you're
> looking for.
>
> JLuc

Yes, I looked at this, but at your suggestion tried it again.  I tried
entering in some data through the user interface File > Document
Setup... > Document Item Attributes.  What I entered then shows up in
the XML as:

         <DocItemAttributes>
             <ItemAttribute Name="pagename" Type="string"
Value="TestPageName 1" Parameter="Parameter1" Relationship="child"
RelationshipTo="page" AutoAddTo="none"/>
             <ItemAttribute Name="" Type="none" Value="" Parameter=""
Relationship="none" RelationshipTo="" AutoAddTo="none"/>
         </DocItemAttributes>

I was unable to find anything in the Scribus Help under the Scripter API
showing how this structure could be accessed programmatically. Yes, if I
could read and write to this, then DocItemAttributes might act as an
ancillary database.  But with hundreds of pages, the accessibility has
to be programmatic.  It would just be easier to place a text box (using
a formulaic naming structure which includes a page number) on a layer
that does not print.