[scribus-dev] Issue with scribusboxes (CTL project)

Jean Ghali jghali at libertysurf.fr
Tue Mar 29 20:02:28 UTC 2016

Le 29/03/2016 15:23, Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 05:50:56PM +0200, Craig Bradney wrote:
>>

>>> On 28 Mar 2016, at 17:34, JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> To the OMAN team (in case you dont follow the bug tracker rss) :
>>>
>>> i uploaded a SLA document that is not well rendered
>>> since boxes merge : https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=13861
>>>
>>> justified lines go over frame border.
>>> it seems to be related to inter-word spacing and glyph scaling.
>>>

> The attached patch should fix the issue.

Thanks, I have committed it to trunk.

While testing the patch, I noticed another issue with the same sample file, however
unrelated to boxes branch or glyph scaling. When using right alignment on the second text
frame, the one with two columns, the last line of each paragraph is not correctly aligned,
with some unwanted space after the dot. This apparently happens when the paragraph ends
with one or several spaces, which is most likely a case of user error. Those additional
spaces should probably get the ScLayout_SuppressSpace flag.