[scribus-dev] Scribus CTL

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Mar 21 21:51:09 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 09:14:14PM +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:

> > On 21 Mar 2016, at 19:49, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:

> >> I already did (after sending this email I think), the last SVN revision
> >> I have is r21101.
> >>

> > Ok, 1 patch is enough for testing for application of the patch and checking for problems.
> >
> > I’m not sure where you are at with fixing problem as noted by commit comments here:
> > https://github.com/HOST-Oman/scribus/commits/boxes
> > and whether these matter:
> > https://github.com/HOST-Oman/scribus/issues

A far as the boxes work is concerned, we should be ready minus any newly
found bugs. The open issues we have now are all CTL related which will
not be included in the first patch.

> Some rendering comparisons:
>
> We need to do this side by side comparison of trunk vs host/boxes.
> 3 issues to note at first:
> - character positioning is higher in the frame in boxes
> - Not as many characters fit in the frames in boxes
> - The right aligned paragraphs have the top line missing a character/aren’t aligned
>
> The files are attached, but are the same, just duplicated in the file system for ease of use. We need more examples like this.

OK, will check them and report back.

> Kunda says your group dissolves in a week. Do you have a plan after that? Is that the end?

The project officially ends this month and our current sponsor (the ITA)
has no immediate plans for extended the project. Personally, I’ll try to
continue working on the project in the my spare time, some might be
interested in continuing the work if there is some kind of financial
support.

Regards,
Khaled