[scribus-dev] Wiki Login/Authentication Down

John L. Poole jlpoole56 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 14:59:18 UTC 2016

On 1/30/2016 9:48 AM, Craig Bradney wrote:

>> On 30 Jan 2016, at 16:04, John L. Poole <jlpoole56 at gmail.com
>> <mailto:jlpoole56 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I am unable to login to the wiki at
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/wiki/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Scribus
>> which then display to me a page with my Username already filled in
>> the password populated.  When I click "Login", the same page is
>> returned with no indication of failure or success.  I suspect the
>> authentication mechanism is broken.
>>
>> Moreover, in case my password was not correct, I tried to reset my
>> password at http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Special:PasswordReset and
>> when I supplied my username "jlpoole" (or "Jlpoole" in case there is
>> some case sensitivity somewhere), the page just refreshes.
>> --
>> Email Rider
>

> Just keep trying to log in. The server is being hit by a lot of web
> scanning bots and until they start to take note of the robots.txt and
> other rejections, they will just continue.
>
> Craig

I have tried several times both to login and to reset my password and
nothing changes.  Could you be more specific about "just keep trying",
should I try 20 times within two minutes, or should I wait a day try
once, then try another day?

If bots are a problem, how about having a non-public login page share
only with people who have accounts?