[scribus-dev] Scribus CTL

Fahad Al-Saidi fahad.alsaidi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:49:41 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:
> We should be able to set some basic timers on the layout code for a frame of
> Latin text, and then run the same tests with Latin text with the CTL code in
> place. Then run similar tests for CTL texts. IIRC Andreas had some QTimers
> in the layout code already.

Great to know that.

> For the initial import we would want to see little to no change for Latin
> texts at a minimum.

As Andreas planned [1], the first stage , which is " Implement a
box-oriented layout mechanism", has no thing to do with CTL text.
Right now, all the work done is to support Latin text. You can see
some screenshots & video of the current status of Boxes layout
implementation here: https://github.com/andreas-vox/ScribusCTL/pull/18
we want first to make sure that there is no regression in processing
Latin text, then we can move to add CTL support.

[1] https://github.com/andreas-vox/ScribusCTL/issues/3#issuecomment-128344149