[scribus-dev] Scribus CTL

Dawood al-badi dawood.albadi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 10:07:27 UTC 2016

Hello developers.

I am working in ScribusCTL with guidance of Andreas-VOX. I started to
complete Andreas work and I almost finished first stage which is box
implementation. This stage have a huge changes in Scribus code. I Think
that when we finish and stabilize box implementation will be very difficult
to merge that huge of change. Also I believe that Andreas last merge was
with r20300 so we already in not updated version. Good to know that my work
was to make Andreas modifications work correctly without logic and syntax
error and my current state is as following. Scribus now use boxes to draw
glyphs on screen correctly and it can export that text to pdf format.
Although there still some bugs that I am working on it right now such as
TAB and point to position. I am just wondering how can I proceed with that
unupdated version because when I finish I believe that scribus will be much
different from the version that I am working on now. I notice that Andreas
is very buzy and he did not test my work. Now I need you to tell me if I
should start to send patches of my changes or I wait for Andreas to test it
and merge but in case I hope you can start test our code and report bugs

https://github.com/dawoodalbadi/ScribusCTL

regards

Dawood