[scribus-dev] Scribus CTL

Jean Ghali jghali at libertysurf.fr
Tue Feb 23 19:02:44 UTC 2016

Le 23/02/2016 18:46, Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 11:05:13PM +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:
>>
>> Nice rendering. 1.5.1 on the left, HOST on the right. Characters are more rounded.
>
> That is because we now render glyphs using the relevant Cairo APIs,
> instead of decomposing the glyph outlines and rendering them “manually”
> as vectors.

Just a remark. Cairo freetype backend is optional and may depend on Fontconfig or not. On
Windows Scribus does not have Fontconfig as a dependency. So if you use any Fontconfig
macro or structures, please enclose those in appropriate ifdef. Also on Windows, cairo is
built with the Windows font backend. So appropriate ifdef should also be used so as to use
glyph outlines if Freetype backend is not available.