[scribus-dev] Windows 7 Build - SVN 20937 on DropBox

John L. Poole jlpoole56 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 20:48:39 UTC 2016

Here are my builds of Scribus for Windows 7 (MS v120) 32 and 64 bit
using MS Visual Studio Express 2013, Subversion Revision 20937:

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e6eicrl80rdactx/AACzxDEMfAzUFT5n0_28X5uWa?dl=0

My Windows workstation is an i7 980 @ 3.33GHz with 24 GB of RAM running
on a 64 bit version of Windows 7.  It takes 3-5 minutes to build a
version, I'll have to accurately time it next time.

I'll be documenting, in detail, on the wiki how building on Windows for
Windows 7 is done as soon as I can set up a virgin build of Windows 7 so
I can document everything that is added to accomplish this task.  I
integrated Perl into my workbench and tool chain, it can elegantly
accomplish the complex file shuffling and variable substitution that
plagues the Windows build using Microsoft Visual Studio.

Eventually, I'd like to use CMAKE in Linux with a cross-compiler
(win-builds project) to build Windows versions thereby jettisoning the
MS Tools and keeping life simple in one build environment -- if only I
had more time.

John