[scribus-dev] Edit Image Mode

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Oct 29 08:20:30 UTC 2015

hey

> > Regarding issue 0011526 <http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11526>
> > about enabling DEL key when in the edit image mode; I noticed that
> > on the right click context menu, Contents -> Clear is greyed-out,
> > even though (CTRL+SHIFT+DEL) has been enabled (on the mentioned
> > issue) wouldn't it make more sense if it's enabled on the right
> > click context menu too? When I tried to fix this, I could not find
> > the piece of code that is controlling it! (the Clear Contents
> > option)  I found the one controlling the Image Frame in
> > appmodehelper.cpp but only when it's NOT in edit mode. How can I
> > control it when it's in edit image mode?
> >
> > Do developers believe it needs to be fixed at all? or is it
> > supposed to be greyed-out when in edit mode? (though, I don't
> > understand why?! since copy is enabled)

i don't see a huge need for deleting an image while being in edit
mode... (i mean: you will drop anyway out of the edit mode when you
have deleted the image, and i don't see a use case for deleting the
content of an image frame when you're in edit mode). for this reasoni
see your comment as more a cosmetic one rather than a feature need.
(and we know that cosmetic is also something important!)

and for the safe of completeness and of discoverability of the feature
i think that the entry should be removed or enabled. not left there
disabled.
since the context menu is otherwise empty, enabling it seems to be the
better choice (if the context menu would have been already very busy i
would have probably suggested to remove it).

and for the implementation, there seems to be no section for image in
the editmode in appmodeheloper.cpp, so the switch() goes into the
default case, which disables the content deleting.
you will probably have to add a new case for the image type...

have nice day!
a.l.e